Lenovo Purchasing Discount
Gonzaga University has a partnership with Lenovo to extend the Gonzaga purchasing discount to students staff and faculty for personal computer and peripheral purchasing. Details available at: http://www.lenovo.com/gonzaga.
2015 – 2016 Laptop Minimum Specifications
- Processor / Speed: Intel Core2: 2GHz or better, or similar AMD
- Mac Snow Leopard: 1 GB RAM / Mac Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks: 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Windows Vista / Windows 7, 8
- Windows 10
- Hard Drive: 80 GB or more
- Graphics Card / Chipset: Integrated Video/Card. Recommended minimum 1 GB dedicated video memory
- Network: 10 or 100 Base-T Ethernet, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, or 802.11ac Wireless
Software & Services
- Operating System:
- Vista, all versions
- Windows 7, all versions
- Windows 8, all versions
- Windows 10
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- OS X 10.7 Lion
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan, not supported
- Software Package: Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, or Office 365
Microsoft Office for Mac 2004, 2008, 2011, or 2016.
Please Note: Currently enrolled students can download Office 365 at no cost. Download at the Office 365 portal.
Please Note: Office Home and Student 2007, 2010, and 2013 include OneNote instead of Outlook.
- Warranty: 3 year parts and labor with on-site strongly recommended OR 3 year parts and labor Applecare.
- Insurance: Comprehensive breakage, theft, hazard coverage. For more information, contact Safeware Insurance at safeware.com, or call 1-800-800-1492 for multi-year discounts.
- Virus and Spyware Protection:
Preferred: Nortan/Symantec, Trend/Micro Pc-cillin, or McAfee AntiVirus.
Freeware: AVG, Avast, or Avira. If you choose to use freeware, we reserve the right to require you to purchase one of the three preferred products or restrict your access to the Gonzaga network if we find your computer is not properly protected.
Note: ExamSoft no longer supports Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Exam software cannot be used with a virtual operating system. Gonzaga School of Law does not support ExamSoft on iPads. ExamSoft does not support Tablet or Convertible devices other than Surface Pro 1, 2 &3. Surface Pro Minimum System Requirements are as follows:
- Surface Pro 1,2 & 3 (Surface RT tablets are not supported).
- External Keyboard (USB or Bluetooth) required. Bluetooth keyboards must be paired prior to launching exam.
- Hard Drive: Minimum of 1 GB available space.
- Adobe Reader XI is required for exams containing PDF attachments.
- Internet connection for SofTest Download, Registration, Exam Download and Upload.
- Screen Resolution must be 1920×1080.
- Administrator level account permissions.
Ethernet Cable: Required for wired connections on campus.
USB Memory Storage Devices: Strongly recommended. USB devices are easy to use and many have the ability to encrypt contents to protect data in the event of lost or stolen property. USB External Hard Drives are encouraged for larger backups, e.g., music and photos.