Lenovo Purchasing Discount
Gonzaga University has a partnership with Lenovo to extend the Gonzaga purchasing discount to students staff and faculty for personal computer and peripheral purchasing. Details available at: http://tinyurl.com/7soazqt.
2013 – 2014 Laptop Minimum Specifications
- Processor / Speed: Intel Core2: 2GHz or better, or similar AMD
- Mac Snow Leopard: 1 GB RAM / Mac Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks: 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Windows Vista / Windows 7, 8
- Hard Drive: 80 GB or more
- Graphics Card / Chipset: Integrated Video/Card. Recommended minimum 1 GB dedicated video memory
- Network: 10 or 100 Base-T Ethernet, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n Wireless
Software & Services
- Operating System:
- Vista, all versions
- Windows 7, all versions
- Windows 8, all versions
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- OS X 10.7 Lion
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- OX X 10.9 Mavericks
- Software Package: Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, or Office 365
Microsoft Office for Mac 2004, 2008, or 2011.
Please Note:Office Home and Student 2007, 2010, and 2013 include OneNote instead of Outlook.
- Warranty: 3 year parts and labor with on-site strongly recommended OR 3 year parts and labor Applecare.
- Insurance: Comprehensive breakage, theft, hazard coverage. For more information, contact Safeware Insurance at safeware.com or call 1-800-800-1492 for multi-year discounts.
- Virus and Spyware Protection:
Preferred: Nortan/Symantec, Trend/Micro Pc-cillin, or McAfee AntiVirus.
Freeware: AVG, Avast, or Avira. If you choose to use freeware, we reserve the right to require you to purchase one of the three preferred products or restrict your access to the Gonzaga network if we find your computer is not properly protected.
Note: ExamSoft no longer supports Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Exam software cannot be used with a virtual operating system. As of this writing, ExamSoft does not support Tablet PCs.
Ethernet Cable: Required for wired connections on campus.
USB Memory Storage Devices: Strongly recommended. USB devices are easy to use and many have the ability to encrypt contents to protect data in the event of lost or stolen property. USB External Hard Drives are encouraged for larger backups, e.g., music and photos.