Sharpen Your Negotiating Skills
The Negotiation Competition is designed to teach students critical negotiation skills, emphasizing the importance of negotiation in resolving disputes and facilitating client transactions.
NOTE: The competition requires a small amount of outside reading and research. You are also required to participate in a series of simulations prior to the competition.
What to expect
- The competition is open to all students and many first-year students typically compete.
- The Negotiation Competition is held each fall.
- Competition usually consists of a training program, plus a series of simulated negotiations between two teams of attorneys, each representing a client.
- The Negotiations Competition allows students, working in teams of two, to negotiate with another team.
- Each team is representing their own client.
- The goal is for the two sides to reach a mutually acceptable resolution of the dispute.
- Disputes are similar to those commonly faced by attorneys in areas such as business and contracts.
- The Negotiations Competition allows students, working in teams of two, to negotiate with another team. Each team is representing their own client, and the goal is for the two sides to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.