The School of Law annually awards more than $2 million in renewable scholarships to entering students. Scholarships are based upon scholastic merit, including undergraduate grades and performance on the LSAT.
All entering applicants are considered for scholarships by the Admissions Committee.
Most scholarships require a GPA of 2.75 for renewability and some require a 3.2. All scholarship renewability requirements are explained in the award letter.
100% Tuition Thomas More Scholarship
New students should also consider applying for the Thomas More Scholarship, a 100% tuition scholarship for students interested in dedicating their career to public service. Applications are separate from the admissions application, and are due by February 1st of each year.
Scholarship Retention Data
|Students matriculating in||# Entering With Conditional Scholarship||# Whose Conditional Scholarships Have Since Been Reduced or Eliminated|
Students who receive private scholarships from outside sources must report these scholarships to the Financial Aid Office.
We are required to include all outside scholarships as part of your financial aid award and must also count them toward meeting financial need.
In cases where the receipt of an outside scholarships impacts a student’s financial aid award, we reduce the loan program rather than reducing other scholarships.
Once you have notified us of scholarships you have received, we will adjust your award and send you a revised financial aid award notice.
- Steinger, Iscoe, & Greene Law Scholarship for Child Advocates
- Yanez and Associates Annual Family Law Scholarship Essay Contest
- Buckfire & Buckfire Law Student Diversity Scholarship
- Donald W. Banner Diversity Scholarship
- Michael Weiner Scholarship For Labor Studies
- Animal Law Writing Contest
- 2015 Davis Levin Livingston Scholarship
- The MKTG Co. $1,999 Scholarship Award
- Legal Marketing Strategy Scholarship
- 2015 Law Office of Steven Fritsch Scholarship
- Chapman LCC Scholarship for Law Students
- Annual Kenneth P. Carp $1,000 College Scholarship
- Tucker IP Law Personal Injury and Patent Scholarship
- 2015 Bruning Legal Scholarship
- NYSBA Animals and the Law Writing Competition
- Michigan Personal Injury Firm Bi-Yearly Scholarship
- Public Interest Law Competition
- International Humanitarian Law Student Writing Competition
- WSBA Construction Law Section Writing Competition
- M. Katherine Baird Darmer Equality Scholarship
In mid-January of each year, application notice and instructions will be sent to all current 1L and 2L students via their law school email accounts. Students will have a chance to apply for endowed/foundation scholarships. Applications will include scholarships from the general pool, as well as scholarships which may have certain specifications and/or restrictions based on donor wishes and intent.