Assistant Professor of Legal Research and Writing
Assistant: Tricia Leahy-Charles
- J.D. Gonzaga University School of Law
- B.A. University of Montana, 1980
Before joining the faculty of Gonzaga School of Law, Professor Bradley was an alum of the law school, having graduated in 1991. She then practiced law from 1991 to 1999, focusing on family and elder law. She first joined the faculty as an adjunct supervising attorney in the Law Clinic and has since served as the Associate Dean of Students, Academic Resource Coordinator, Orientation Coordinator, and coach of the Jessup Cup International Moot Court Team in addition to her teaching responsibilities.
Presentations, Conferences, & Publications
- Beginners Need the Basics, Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, N.M., March 6-7, 2015.
- Disability Rights & The Bar Exam Application, Panel Discussion, Gonzaga University Law School, April 23, 2014.
- The Transformers meet the Running of the Bulls: Teaching and Assessing Legal Research Skills in 2014, Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, Boyd School of Law, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 28-29, 2014.
- The Evolving Legal Writing Classroom: Benefits of a Menu-option for a Capstone Legal Writing Course, LWI One-day Workshop, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, December 6, 2013.
- National Conference of Bar Examiners: Preparing for the Bar Exam, Fluno Center, Madison, Wisconsin, October 3-5, 2013.
- Teaching, Critiquing, Encouraging: Creative Class Ideas for the First Semester, LWI One-Day Workshop, James E. Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, December 7, 2012.
- Incorporating Writing Skills into Doctrinal Courses, Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law, Arizona State University, Phoenix, Arizona, March 2012.
- Ethics: Hypotheticals on Family Formation, Family Formation, Finances & Formalities: Current Ethical & Legal Issues in GBLT Law, Spokane, Washington, November 18, 2011
- Transactional Skills: Keeping it Short, Quick, and Diverse, Central States Regional Legal Writing Conference, Chicago, Illinois, September 16-17, 2011
- Putting Theory into Practice: Re-Structuring the Legal Writing Curriculum to Reflect the Realities of the Law Firm Collaborative Writing Model, SALT Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, December 10-11, 2010
- Implementation of Collaborative Assignments, 19 Perspectives: Teaching Legal Res. & Writing 186 (2011)
- Of Rubrics and Margins Notes: Assessing Students Over Time (A Roundtable Discussion of Uses and Expectations), Rocky Mountain Regional Legal Writing Conference, Tucson, Arizona, March 19-20, 2010
- From the Traditional to the Technological in Today’s Legal Research Class, Southeast Regional Legal Writing Conference, Gulf Port, Florida, September 11-12, 2009
- The LWI Plagiarism Webpage,Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, March 13-14, 2009
- Ethics in Law School, Rocky Mountain Regional Legal Research and Writing Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, March, 2008
- Case Analogy and Distinction Workshop, Southeastern Regional Legal Research and Writing Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, September, 2007
- Three Step Approach to Teaching Case Synthesis, Northwest Regional Legal Research Writing Conference, Spokane, Washington, August, 2007
- Case Analysis, Rocky Mountain Regional Legal Research and Writing Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, March, 2007
- Plagiarism Workshop, Rocky Mountain Regional Legal Research and Writing Conference, Tucson, Arizona, March, 2006
- LWI: One Day Workshop Committee 2014-2016
- LWI: Outcome Measures & Assessment Resource Committee 2012-2014
- LWI: ABA Standards Implementation Committee 2010-2012
- LWI: Plagiarism Committee, Chair 2008-2010
- LWI: Plagiarism Committee, 2006-2008
- Washington State Bar Association: Editorial Advisory Board, Co-Chair 2009-2010
- Washington State Bar Association: Editorial Advisory Board, 2008-2009
- Faculty Senate, 2014-2016
- Promotion, Retention, and Tenure Committee, 2014-2016
- Two-Year Program Ad Hoc Committee, 2013-2014
- Deans Advisory Committee, 2013-2014, Chair 2014-2015
- Bar Prep Review Committee, 2012-2014
- Honor Code Committee, 2012-2013
- Bar Ad Hoc Committee, 2010-2012
- Academic Affairs Committee, Chair 2010-2012
- ABA Visit Ad Hoc Committee, 2010-2012
- Academic Affairs Committee, 2009-2010
- Admissions Committee, 1999-2009
- Student Affairs Committee, 1999-2009
- Diversity Committee, 1999-2008
- Accommodations Committee, 2000-2009
- University Legal Assistance, Board of Advisors, 1999-2012
- Scholarship Committee, Chair 2009-2011
- Scholarship Committee, 2007-2008
- Legal Research and Writing I-IV
- Coordinator, Multistate Practice Review
- Transnational Family Law
- Jessup Cup International Moot Court
- Transactional Skills & Professionalism Lab