Lenovo Purchasing Discount
Gonzaga University has a partnership with Lenovo to extend the Gonzaga purchasing discount to students staff and faculty for personal computer and peripheral purchasing. Details available at: http://tinyurl.com/7soazqt.
2012-2013 Laptop Minimum Specifications
- Processor / Speed: Mobile Intel Pentium 4 or M: 2 GHz or better; Intel Core2: 2GHz or better, or similar AMD
- Windows XP / Mac Snow Leopard: 1 GB RAM
- Windows Vista / Windows 7, 8 / Mac Lion, Mountain Lion: 2 GB RAM or more
- Hard Drive: 80 GB or more
- Graphics Card / Chipset: Integrated Video/Card. Recommended minimum 1 GB dedicated video memory
- Network: 10 or 100 Base-T Ethernet, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n Wireless
Software & Services
- Operating System:Windows:
- XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3
- Vista, all versions
- Windows 7, all versions
- Windows 8, all versions
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- OS X 10.7 Lion
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Software Package: Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, or 2010 or
Microsoft Office for Mac 2004, 2008, or 2011.
Please Note:Office Home and Student 2007 and 2010 include OneNote instead of Outlook.
- Warranty: 3 year parts and labor with on-site strongly recommended OR 3 year parts and labor Applecare.
- Insurance: Comprehensive breakage, theft, hazard coverage. For more information, contact Safeware Insurance at safeware.comor call 1-800-800-1492 for multi-year discounts.
- Virus and Spyware Protection:
Preferred: Nortan/Symantec, Trend/Micro Pc-cillin, or McAfee AntiVirus.
Freeware: AVG, Avast, or Avira. If you choose to use freeware, we reserve the right to require you to purchase one of the three preferred products or restrict your access to the Gonzaga network if we find your computer is not properly protected.
Note: ExamSoft no longer supports Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Exam software cannot be used with a virtual operating system.
Ethernet Cable: Required for wired connections on campus.
USB Memory Storage Devices: Strongly recommended. USB devices are easy to use and many have the ability to encrypt contents to protect data in the event of lost or stolen property. USB External Hard Drives are encouraged for larger backups, e.g., music and photos.