Government Honors & Internship Handbook
The government’s Honors & Internship Handbook contains listings of student and post-graduate positions with State and Federal government agencies. It includes a description of each position and how to apply and a valuable index of opportunities listed by law school year and deadline.
Email the Center for Professional Development to obtain your username and password.
Presidential Management Fellowship
This program for new law graduates provides an entree into federal government management positions. It provides specialized leadership training in addition to an entree to post-JD employment with a vast array of federal agencies.
- Applicants are nominated. To qualify for nomination from GU Law, the law school must submit a formal assurance of character and fitness of applicant.
- Criteria for consideration:
- GPA – 2.70 minimum
- Affirmation by faculty of character and fitness for leadership
- Absence of honor code violations
- Apply later summer/early fall of your 3L year.
- Apply online and request nomination at Career Services (at least 2 weeks prior to deadline).
- Formal nomination will be made on your behalf upon satisfactory assessment.
Additional Government Job Links
- USA Jobs Receive automated emails listing job postings that match the criteria you provide.
- CIA Careers Opportunities with the Central Intelligence Agency
- FDIC Legal Division Honors Program For employment beginning in late August or early September
- USACE US Army Corps of Engineers opportunities
- PSLawNet An online resource for public service legal careers