John E. Clute, A Law School for a New Century, 36 Gonz. L. Rev. 1 (2001).
In 1912, Gonzaga College became a University with the opening of its first graduate program been an integral part of Gonzaga’s identity and educational mission.
For its first half century, the Law School resided in the University Administration Building. In 1962, the School of Law found a home of its own in the refurbished Webster Elementary School-a facility originally built in 1901. During the decades of the’70s and ’80s, the law building received several major additions and underwent numerous other changes to accommodate enrollment growth and the changing needs of faculty and students. By the early 1990s, it was apparent that we had exhausted the potential of the facility to meet these needs, so we began, in earnest, to plan a building that would truly be a Law School for a New Century…. Read more