The School of Law annually awards more than $2 million in renewable scholarships to entering students. Scholarships are based upon scholastic merit, including undergraduate grades and performance on the LSAT.
All entering applicants are considered for scholarships by the Admissions Committee. 2L and 3L students are automatically considered on the basis of high academic performance.
Most scholarships require a GPA of 2.75 for renewability and some require a 2.2. All scholarship renewability requirements are explained in the award letter.
100% Tuition Thomas More Scholarship
New students should also consider applying for the Thomas More Scholarship, a 100% tuition scholarship for students interested in dedicating their career to public service. Applications are separate from other applications, and are due by March 1 of each year.
Scholarship Retention Data
- Students matriculating: 132
- Number with conditional scholarships: 118
- Number whose conditional scholarships have been reduced and eliminated: 24
- Students matriculating: 176
- Number with conditional scholarships: 156
- Number whose conditional scholarships have been reduced and eliminated: 40
Students who receive private scholarships from outside sources must report these scholarships to the Financial Aid Office.
We are required to include all outside scholarships as part of your financial aid award and must also count them toward meeting financial need.
In cases where the receipt of an outside scholarships impacts a student’s financial aid award, we reduce the loan program rather than reducing other scholarships.
Once you have notified us of scholarships you have received, we will adjust your award and send you a revised financial aid award notice.
- Nadrich & Cohen Scholarship Fund
- Console & Hollawell Legal Leaders Scholarship
- Daniel J. Curtin, Jr. Fellowship
- Donald. W. Banner Diversity Scholarship
- WSBA Taxation Section Writing Contest
- The Mark T. Banner Scholarship for Law Students
- The 16th Annual Entertainment Law Initiative Writing Competition
- Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Law School Diversity Scholarship
- IT-Lex Technology Law Writing Contest
In mid-January of each year, application notice and instructions will be sent to all current 1L and 2L students via their law school email accounts. Students will have a chance to apply for endowed/foundation scholarships. Applications will include scholarships from the general pool, as well as scholarships which may have certain specifications and/or restrictions based on donor wishes and intent.