Assistant: Barb Anderson
- J.D. Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2005
- B.A. Westminster College, 2002
Prior to joining the faculty at Gonzaga in Fall 2010, Professor Inga Laurent served as the Manager of Student Affairs for Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. At C|M|LAW, she was responsible for general student welfare, administering the externship program and multicultural programming, including administration of various Pipeline initiatives. Professor Laurent truly found her work with Pipeline programs to be inspirational and satisfying and she hopes to continue working with these vital programs, which attempt to ensure that the legal profession is diverse and is an accurate reflection of the population it serves.
Before working in an academic setting, Professor Laurent worked as a staff attorney with Southeastern Ohio Legal Services (SEOLS) under a grant from the Federal Violence Against Women’s Act (VAWA). While at SEOLS, Laurent provided holistic civil legal services to victims of domestic violence and worked to systematically address community domestic violence issues.
- Promoting Opportunities for Students Through Pipeline Programs, (co-authored with Dean Alyson Alber), Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal (February 2010)
- This One’s for the Children: The Time has Come to Hold Guardians Ad Litem Responsible for Negligent Injury and Death to Their Charge, 52 Clev. St. L. Rev. 655 (2005)
Presentations and Panels
- AALS Clinical Conference 2014: Concurrent Session – Engaging Field Placement Attorneys: Building a Community of Mindful Supervisors
- AALS Clinical Conference 2013: Concurrent Session – When the Clinical Teacher is Not the Supervising Attorney: Pedagogical Opportunities and Challenges
- Externship 7 Conference 2014: New Clinicians Breakfast – Welcome and Lay of the Land
- Externship 6 Conference: Works in Progress Presentation – Enhancing the Externship Experience: Giving Students Tools to Engage Supervisors in Effective Feedback
- Externship 6 Conference Plenary Panel: Assessing Our Externship Programs – Are We Setting and Meeting the Right Goals for Our Constituencies and Ourselves?
- First LSAC Pipeline Models Conference Panel: Targeting Secondary School Students – The “What” of developing program form and content
- Education Law and Wingspread Conference Panel: Legal Pipelines – Thinking Outside the Box
- AALS Clinical Section on Externships, Co-Chair
- CLEA Externship Committee Member
- AALS Clinical Section on Membership, Outreach and Training
- Externship 6 Planning Committee
- Externship 7 Site Selection Team
- Externship 7 Planning Committee