Assistant Dean of Students
Assistant Professor of Law
Assistant: Jana Wolff
- J.D. University of South Carolina School of Law
- B.A.Marketing, Business Management, Virginia Tech
Professor Holland joined the law faculty as an assistant professor of Legal Research and Writing in August, 2008. Prior to joining the faculty at Gonzaga Law School, she practiced law primarily as a litigator for sixteen years. Most recently, Prof. Holland served for nine years as an Assistant Attorney General with the Washington State Attorney General’s Office in the Corrections Division, Civil Rights Unit, and before that in the Social and Health Services Division. Prof. Holland’s experience also includes working as a prosecutor and judicial clerk in South Carolina.
Prof. Holland is a member of the Washington State Bar Association and is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit; United States District Court – Eastern District of Washington; and United States District Court – Western District of Washington.
- The 3 x 5 Brief: Using an Old Technology to Solve a Modern Problem (and an Old One, Too) (Co-presented with Professor Kevin Shelley), Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz., March 13-14, 2009
- The Benefits of Color-Coding: Use Highlighters as an Essential Legal Writing Tool to Improve Teaching and Learning (Co-presented with Professor Kevin Shelley), Northwest Regional Legal Writing Conference, Portland, Ore., August 29, 2010
- Seeing What I Didn’t See: Teaching Students a Systematic Approach to Editing and Proofing Their Work, Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, March 25-27, 2011
- Legal Research and Writing
- Professional Responsibility
- Co-coach National Trial Team