- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 1974
- B.A., University of Houston, 1970
Professor McCurdy began teaching in 1977, after practicing in the Indian law, natural resources, and environmental law fields. He represented several Indian tribes in major litigation and intergovernmental negotiations.
He is the author of the mineral rights chapter in a legal treatise and has worked on special projects with the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, and the Bureau of Indian Affairs. He is co-author of an innovative casebook, Sports Law: Cases & Materials (5th ed. 2003). He has served as president of the Pioneer Baseball League, and been a member of the Council of League Presidents for minor league baseball.
Prof. McCurdy was appointed by the governor of Washington to represent the state on the Environmental Improvement Basin Commission, which is charged with implementing the Superfund cleanup plan for the Coeur d’Alene Basin. He has a special interest in mediation of disputes and serves as a member of the Board of Directors, Northwest Conflict Management Center.
- Chapter in Legal Issues in Professional Baseball
- Sports Law: Cases & Materials, Fourth Edition, Anderson Publishing (2002 supplement) (Co-authored)
- Sports Law: Cases & Materials, Fifth Edition, Anderson Publishing (2003) (Co-authored)
- Teachers Manual, Sports Law: Cases & Materials, Fifth Edition, Anderson Publishing (2003) (Co-authored)
- Sports Law: Cases & Materials, Sixth Edition, LexisNexis (scheduled to be published 2007)
Professional Sports League: the Theory of the Commons, at the Sports Law Scholarship and Teaching Colloquium at Marquette University Law School, September 27, 2007
2011 Spirit Award from Prime Magazine
- Administrative Law
- Environmental Dispute Resolution: Negotiation & Mediation
- Environmental Litigation
- Indian Law
- Oil & Gas Law
- Sports Law