- B.A., University of Oregon, Honors College, 1977
- J.D., University of Washington Law School, 1980
Leslie Weatherhead has been a principal in the Spokane law firm of Witherspoon, Kelley, Davenport & Toole. He practices in the areas of Commercial litigation (Business, Antitrust, Securities, Environmental) and white collar criminal litigation.
From 1980-83, he served as Deputy Prosecutor and Special Assistant United States Attorney, Territory of Guam
He is an adjunct professor of Trial Advocacy.
- “Letting Judges Judge, The Myth of Judicial Activism,” Oregon State Bar Bulletin (May 1999).
- Chapter 8, “Administrative Investigations,” Washington Administrative Law Practice Manual (1992).
- “What is An Indian Tribe? – The Question of Tribal Existence,” VIII American Indian Law Journal I (1980).
- Trial Advocacy Lab