- B.A., Gonzaga University, 1980, magna cum laude
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 1984
Scott Miller practices at Miller, Devlin, & McLean, P.S., and focuses on civil litigation, with an emphasis on insurance defense.
Prof. Miller is licensed to practice in federal and state courts in Washington and Idaho and in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. His cases frequently involve:
- Insurance coverage litigation
- Breach of contract
- Business disputes
- Partnership dissolutions
- Employment matters
He is a:
- Fellow in the American Bar Foundation
- Member of the Washington State Bar Association, Idaho State Bar Association, Spokane County Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and American Bar Association
- Former member of the ABA House of Delegates
Prof. Miller received his B.A. in Broadcasting from Gonzaga University and his J.D. from Gonzaga University School of Law. Before entering the legal profession, Scott worked as a broadcast journalist, reporter, announcer, assignment editor and news director for local radio and television stations, and for ABC, NBC, CBS, and United Press International.
As an adjunct professor, he has taught Insurance Law since September, 2000.
- Insurance Law
- “The Special Committee for the Evaluation of the Rules of Professional Conduct (“Ethics 2003 Committee”),” Washington State Bar Assoc. Bar News, Nov. 2003
- “The Appealing Virtues of Case Organization,” ALI-ABA’s Practice Checklist on Trial Preparation (1995)
- “Review: Washington Tort Law and Practice,” Washington State Bar Association Bar News, Vol. 48, No. 11 (1994)
- “How to Organize, Argue, and Present Your Case,” ABA/TIPS The Brief, Vol. 22, No. 4 (1993)
- “The Appealing Virtues of Case Organization,” ALI/ABA The Practical Litigator, Vol. 4, No. 4 (1993) reprinted in ALI/ABA’s Practice Checklist Manual on Trial Preparation: Forms, Checklists, and Advice from the Practical Lawyer and the Practical Litigator (American Law Institute, 1966)
- “Confidentiality: Listen, Do You Want to Know a Secret?” Washington State Bar Association Bar News, Vol. 47, No. 2 (1992)
- “Automobile Law: 1989-1990 Case Law Update,” ABA/TIPS Tort and Insurance Law Journal, Vol. 26, No. 2 (1991)
- “Freedom of Choice – No-Fault Insurance: Pro Argument,” ABA/TIPS Automobile Law Committee Newsletter, Special Edition (Winter, 1990)