- B.S.C.E., University of Washington, 1984
- J.D., University of Washington, 1987
J. Christopher Lynch is a partner in the Patent and Policy Group of the Lee & Hayes intellectual property law firm based in Spokane. His practice at Lee & Hayes includes intellectual property strategy, patent landscaping, technical standards and consortia, and intellectual property licensing and litigation. Professor Lynch has over 25 years in practice as an intellectual property specialist.
Professor Lynch is licensed to practice law in Washington, Idaho, and the U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Ninth and the Federal Circuits. He is also fully licensed to practice with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Professor Lynch was appointed to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference as a Lawyer Representative by the United States District Court Judges for the Eastern District of Washington.
Professor Lynch has taught as an Adjunct Professor and also an Assistant Professor at Gonzaga University School of Law since 1991, teaching several of the intellectual property classes and coaching the law school’s intellectual property moot court teams. Professor Lynch coached the 2011 Saul Lefkowitz Trademark National Moot Court team to the national finals at the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit where the team finished second in the nation. Many of the other Saul Lefkowitz teams have won awards at the annual regional competitions at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco. Professor Lynch has also served as a Visiting Professor teaching intellectual property at the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Mexico.
Professor Lynch currently teaches International and Comparative Intellectual Property and is coach to the law school’s Saul Lefkowitz Trademark National Moot Court teams.
- Intellectual Property lecturer to Derecho Corporativo International, Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara; Jalisco, Mexico, 1994
- Intellectual Property lecturer to EE and EMBA programs, University of Washington; Seattle, Wash., 2000-2006
- Intellectual Property lecturer to Hogan Entrepreneur Program, Gonzaga University School of Business; Spokane, Wash, 2000-present
- Guest lecturer to Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Washington, 2010
- Intellectual Property
- Advanced Trademark & Unfair Competition Law
- International and Comparative Intellectual Property