Visiting the law schools that you are considering is an important step in your decision-making process. It gives you a chance to get a feel for the school, the city, and the people that will play a vital role in your legal education.
When to Visit Gonzaga Law
You can visit Gonzaga Law at any time during the year. Law school tours will only be offered on Mondays and Tuesdays at 12:00 p.m. during the summer months. During the Spring and Fall semesters, the Admissions office can arrange a classroom visit. During the summer, a classroom visit may be possible, but is not guaranteed. Please allow two weeks’ advance notice when planning your visit.
Your visit at Gonzaga University School of Law can have a few distinct portions:
- Law School Tour:A current Gonzaga Law student will take you on a one-hour tour of the Law School. The tour allows for plenty of time to discuss the law school experience with the current student, as well as explore the building, meet faculty and staff, and get a sense of the student experience at Gonzaga Law.
- Meet with Admissions:A member of the Admissions staff will meet with you to discuss any questions you have about the law school admissions process, the experience at the school, and any other questions you may have. The Gonzaga Law admissions process does not include an interview, so this meeting is entirely to get your questions answered.
- Attend a Class:On the days that 1L lecture courses allow for guest visits, you have the opportunity to experience the Gonzaga Law classroom environment firsthand. You will observe the teaching style of the professor, the interaction with the current 1L students and the culture of learning facilitated at our law school.
- Visit with Financial Aid: Financial Aid is likely to play a very big part in your decision to attend law school. A visit with our financial aid office is available during your visit, just check the box on your visit request form.
- Meet with the Center for Professional Development: The CPD provides services throughout your time in law school, and meeting with them during your visit will give you a chance to get your questions about your career path, job hunting, and employment statistics answered.
While you are visiting Gonzaga Law, you will have a chance to explore Spokane and the surrounding areas. During the Spring, Summer, and Fall, you can visit Spokane’s outdoor festivals, lakes, events, and outdoor activities. During the winter, you can use your visit to explore Spokane’s numerous area skiing, snowboarding, or cross-country skiing opportunities, or visit arts events.
The Gonzaga Law Student Bar Association compiles a guide to Spokane each year that lists popular local eataries, hotels, events, and more. Download the SBA Guide to Spokane (PDF) to learn more.