How To Apply For Clinical Experience
To register for the clinical program, you must submit an application, resume and cover letter to the Clinical Law department, Suite 101 in the Law School. Applications are made available in the Law Clinic each semester. For any questions about the application process, contact Julie Claar by email or phone, at 509-313-5791.
After submitting your application, you will be notified of acceptance.
Upon acceptance, the Clinic will notify the Registrar’s Office of your selection for clinical enrollment; the registrar will automatically add the clinic credits to your registration.
Applications are accepted in May
Applications are accepted in October
Applications are accepted in March
Please note: Summer Semester clinical experience covers both Summer I and Summer II sessions.
About Clinic Classes
- Clinic offerings change each semester.
- Students may enroll in Clinic classes for credit in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Students may enroll in the Clinical program for one or more semesters.
- Students who wish to enroll for more than one semester must reapply each successive semester.
- Students may register for the six-credits in the General Public Interest Practice Clinic, Elder Law Clinic, and Consumer Law Clinic after completing their second year of law school (60 credits).
- A student may take a total of 15 Clinical Law credits toward the 90 credits required to graduate.